Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

blog 1

Hello. My name is Angel. Some of my interests/hobbies include photography, music, snowboarding, and traveling. My major is biology and I am currently trying to find out what I want to have a minor in. I signed up for this class because I was interested in seeing what books were going to be chosen for us to read. I think it can be kind of fun sometimes to be required to read certain books that you wouldn't read normally because it really broadens your view on things by opening up a new subject area to you. The last book I read was called The Undomestic Goddess. I am really interested in music and its many different aspects. For example, I like everything from just learning how to play different instruments to simply listening to some of my favorite artists. I also really enjoy watching movies because they have a way of letting you escape everything else for some time. As far as literature goes, I used to read a lot when I was little but as I have gotten older I have not read as many books as I would have liked to. Literature in my opinion is any type of written/printed material with an endless number of topic areas.

4 comments:

  1. I hope this class can inspire you to become a reader again :) Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biology! Isn't it a fun major? haha. It's awesome that you like photography! I took a class of it in high school and I great enjoyed it! Its neat that you like to learn how to play instruments. Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know you more! See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We share some of the same hobbies! I, too enjoy traveling, photography, and music. I hope to some day travel Europe. I have never been to a foreign country (besides Canada). My favorite place I have traveled is to a Caribbean Island called Anguilla. I have been there five times-- it is so beautiful! Who are some of your favorite music artists? Someday I hope to try snowboarding-- my boyfriend loves to snowboard! I was never a big reader, but that is really cool that you enjoy reading! Can't wait to get to know you better throughout the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really was never a fan of playing an instrument but i did have to play the flute in elementary school. We were forced to play the flute so i did haha I also love music and photography. I think some of the things you can do with a camera is amazing. Well I look forward to getting to know you better in class.

    ReplyDelete