Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

a week without technology

One full week without technology.  At first I thought no way I am not going to do this because I was like, how am I going to do without my cell phone.  It is not that I cannot live without my cell phone because I text my friends all day with it, it is the fact that I use it to know when and where to meet people for lunch, dinner, and even for group projects.  But thankfully I started this challenge on a Friday when I went to go home as soon as my classes were over so that helped.  I ate lunch at the cub that Friday before I left for home.  It was weird because I basically never watch the tvs that are mounted high up in the cub but when I remembered I was beginning the challenge I had to remind myself that I could not watch it for even a minute.  It is weird how at first you do not even want to do something like watch tv or listen to music, but as soon as you are told not to do something for a particular reason it makes you want to watch tv or listen to music that much more.  It was really odd not to be able to turn on the radio while driving home.  That is the first thing that I like to do because I gotta have my music playing, but no I had to remind myself once again not to turn it on.  The ride was not bad at all though because I had someone in the car with me and we talked the whole way like we always do.  So far the challenge was not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment